Lions Club International
|Record #: OCR4279||Last Modified: 12 Aug 2019||Last Full Update: 12 Aug 2019|
|Description and Services|
|Description (Service)||International service club * network of volunteers addressing needs at home and around the globe, including in these six leading areas :
* Vision care, screenings, eye banks, etc.
* Youth health, including pediatric cancer support
* Hunger : food banks, community gardens, food drives, etc.
* Environment : planting trees, organizing recycling programs, providing clean drinking water, etc.
* Diabetes: awareness, education, access to care, etc.
|Hours||Headquarters Mon-Fri 7:30 am-5 pm Central Time|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
Individuals 18 years and older, with a good moral character and a good reputation in community
|Application||Membership is by invitation. If interested in being invited to join an existing Lions club:
* Look for a club near by
* Contact the club and express interest
* Ask to attend a meeting to learn more about the club and its service projects
* At the meeting, ask about becoming a member
To find a a local club CLICK HERE or visit their website.
|Office Phone||Headquarters 630-571-5466 (USA)|
|Primary Executive||Dr Jung-Yul Choi, Lions Club International President|
|Alternate Executive||Judge Haynes H. Townsend, First Vice President|
|Location & Accessibility|
|Located In Community||USA|
|Mailing Address||Lions Clubs International Headquarters
300 West 22nd Street
Oak Brook, IL
United States 60523-8842
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/lionsclubs
|Funding||Fundraising ; Sale of Goods ; Membership fees|
|Service Categories||Service Clubs ; Visual/Reading Aids ~ Medical Expense Assistance|
|Print Material||Website, online store, International Fact Sheets|